G AND E. MICHALAKIS SA COMMERCIAL COMPANY with the distinctive title GEM TRAVEL constantly strives to improve the level of its activities in such a way as to contribute to sustainable development and maximize its social and cultural offerings.
The Environmental Management System of GEM TRAVEL that covers the “Provision of Travel Services to Destinations” and was designed in accordance with the requirements of the International Standard ELOT EN ISO 14001: 2015, adapted to the needs and aspirations of the Company.
In particular, the Company is committed to the following:
- To recognize and fully comply with the Environmental Legislation that governs each activity performed by it, as well as with the needs and expectations of stakeholders (customers, staff, wider society, etc.).
- To recognize and evaluate the Environmental Aspects of its activities.
- Recognize the Environmental Impacts arising from the Environmental Aspects and take the necessary measures to minimize them.
- To continuously implement and improve the Environmental Management System in order to improve its environmental performance.
- Monitor and measure Significant Environmental Impacts.
- Take care to protect the environment, including the prevention of pollution.
- To set clear, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound environmental goals, to review them annually and to take all necessary actions to achieve them.
The general framework of the Company’s objectives is:-
- To educate and sensitize all its employees on issues of Environmental Management and Environmental Protection.
- To provide the necessary resources for the implementation of the Environmental Management System and for the achievement of its Environmental Objectives.
- To adopt specific rules of environmental – energy controls in its internal operation (control of consumption, waste, supplies).
- To communicate data and information on its environmental-energy performance to the relevant bodies, its partners and the community, upon request.
GEM TRAVEL’s commitment to the above environmental policy will be demonstrated by a review of its environmental objectives, in each review by the Management, as well as with the corrective actions and improvement proposals that will be taken, in order to ensure the continuous improvement and prevention of pollution.
GEM TRAVEL considers that the protection of the environment is the obligation of all and is committed to implement every possible measure, procedure, system to minimize the negative environmental impact and maximize the corresponding positive ones.
Avramios Pouliasis Rhodes, 15.04.2021